7 Simple Ways for 2012 Home DecoratingPosted by Kevin Hughes on Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 at 9:27am.
Why Delve into Home Decorating?Perhaps the most compelling reason to up the interior decorating in your home is to fetch the highest price when you sell. Today’s market features Idaho homes selling very quickly--likely those homes are spotless and beautiful inside and out. Homes still can be hard to sell if they can’t attract buyers. Through careful decorating of Idaho homes, you can make your home worth thousands more. Also, being able to decorate your home in your own way is one of the best reasons to buy a house to begin with. First time home buyers should be excited with all the options available in their very own home. Buying or selling, staying current with interior design is for everyone.
Creating a “Wow” House1. Bring the outside in. In today’s environmentally friendly world, inside and roof plant rooms and gardens are in. You don’t have to go that far though, there are many ways to give your home an outdoorsy feel, like using pine cones as decorations in bathrooms.
2. Color, Color, Color. Interior decorating goes hand in hand with fashion, and these days bright colors are all over stores. Try adding some neonish, fun shades of orange, pink, yellow, blue, and green.
3. Mix and Match. According to many experts, keeping color schemes all through the house is no longer necessary. You can add a little of this and that and make your house really pop and have your personality.
4. Seasonal Changes. Idaho homes are built in a four season climate. Let the inside reflect the outside by rotating pictures and making other small, but significant changes.
5. Personalize. No one wants to come to your home and see something out of a magazine. They will appreciate your zany and fun individual style. If you love country style, let it shine through the house--let everything you do be in your own way.
6. Think Small. A first-time buyer or seller trying to save for their new home is on a tight budget, but you don’t have to paint a whole room, try painting just one wall. Add a throw, rug, window coverings, or lighting to a room and see it improve before your eyes.
7. Minimalist Style. Adding more isn’t always the answer. Minimalist style is popular for good reason. Though it can be easy to keep adding until a space is crowded, see a room with new eyes and find ways to open it up, maybe by taking away a piece of furniture. Buyers will like it if you’re selling and you’ll appreciate it yourself.
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!