1. Find a good agent. The first thing you should do is get your right-hand man or woman A quality Hughes Group agent will help you through the entire process and help you find what you're looking for, while saving you as much money as possible.
2. Get approved for a mortgage. Before you start looking for homes you need to know that you can get a loan and what you qualify for, so you can find a home that's in your budget. Getting pre-approved also shows everyone you're a serious buyer.
3. Determine your budget and how much you can afford to spend on a home. Having a price range is important so you don't waste time looking at houses you can't afford and it isn't automatic that you'll want to buy a home for all that you qualify for.
4. Determine what you want in your home. Once you've decided what you want in your home, your real estate agent can help you find the houses that will most interest you. This will narrow down your choices considerably so you can speed up the process, though it's not an easy step.
5. Narrow down your choices. After reviewing the houses your real estate agent has found, you should narrow down your choices even more. Search on your own if you want, on startpackingidaho.com's innovative search function, to help your realtor and see what's available. The process of buying real estate is more efficient when you try to pick just a few homes that you really love and look them over top-to-bottom.
6. Decide on a home. From your narrowed down list, go visit the home and ask questions. This is the time decide on a home, so you need to be thorough--look through the entire home and the backyard and find any potential problems with the house.
7. Make an offer. Once you have chosen a house, it's time to make an offer. Your Hughes Group professional can help you know what a good offer to make will be and if there should be any conditions included in your offer.
8. Negotiate the price. If the homeowner doesn't accept your offer, you'll need to negotiate a price that works best for you by counter-offering. Your real estate agent will help you through this process so you can get the best deal and, in today's tight market, have your offer accepted.
9. Close the deal. Now is the time you finish the deal and make your down payment and sign legal documents. Your real estate agent will make sure you understand everything you're signing and help you with any bumps that come along.
10. Move in and enjoy your home. The home is now officially yours, so once the previous owner moves out by the agreed upon date, the house is all yours to enjoy.
If you have a customer-focused Hughes Group real estate agent, the process of buying real estate is relatively simple. You're ultimately in charge, but they are a wonderful resource. It isn't as scary as you might think, if you follow these steps, buying real estate in Boise, Meridian, Nampa, or elsewhere can be quick, easy, and great for your future.